Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last three years you probably would have noticed the phenomenon of the smartphone. Heck you might even have one yourself and, just like text abbreviation, it’s now becoming ingrained in our culture.
What does this mean for businesses? Well this is the part where we throw numbers at you and you gasp.
- There are approximately 4 BILLION mobile subscribers across the world.
- Most mobile device users keep their phones within arm’s reach over 90 percent of waking hours.
- Nielsen predicts that smartphones will account for nearly half of worldwide mobile sales by 2013.
- By 2014, mobile Internet usage is expected to exceed desktop Internet usage.
- This is a clear indication of how much more the Internet will be accessed, via mobile devices.
- Great right, this mean consumers on the go will be able to visit websites anyway at anytime…right?
So here’s the doozy; unless your existing website also has a ‘mobile website’ option they will be practically un-viewable on a smartphone.
The one on the left is a mobile website; the one on the right is not.
See all the clutter and confusion, yeah it’s not very appealing to the user. Don’t believe me, whip out your new toy and check your website online.
Ten years ago, savvy businesses were setting up professional websites. A few years ago, the businesses started swarming into social media. Now, it’s the mobile websites and smartphone apps.
Before we all perform a group forehead slap, groan and curse technology, let’s look at the benefits…
Mobile websites have unlimited and, in some cases, untapped potential for businesses. When combined with other marketing methods, mobile marketing has proven to increase conversion rates.
If your competitors do not offer this feature and you do, you will most likely get more customers than they would. And because mobile marketing enables the system to detect location, you can also localise your content to make it more customised for the people viewing the site read point-of-sale and decision making moments here.
Many will be slow to join this party so, hopefully, if I’ve peeked your interest, you’ll think about contacting COO’EE. Your new generation of consumers are already knocking on your door….the real question is are you ready to answer?
Creative at COO’EE